Ho! Ho! Ho! and Makan-lah at Grand Park City Hall to celebrate Christmas and the Occidental New Year!
Story & photos by Dr. Michael Lim The Travelling Gourmet
The intrepid and indefatigable Travelling Gourmet checks out the Xmas and New Year…
Makan options at…
Grand Park City Hall (10 Coleman Street, near City Hall MRT station). There are so many yummy buffets you are spoiled for choice! Yummy Yuletide specials for the month of December are…
Indulge at Park, Level 1. Celebrate Xmas and the New Year with a lavish buffet spread…There is a live Oyster shucking station. Premium Fine de Claire oysters are so delicious…also they have aphrodisiac qualities!, Live Maine Lobsters and Live Tiger Prawns are sweet and juicy; carvings of Stuffed Turkey Breast with Braised Chestnut and Thyme Jus; Honey Glazed Gammon Ham and Baked Wagyu Beef Cheeks with Morel “Petit Pain”. If that’s not enough, dig into their 40kg Roasted Steamship with Herbs. Excellent food quality and taste profile. The cute Gingerbread house is so tempting and made me think of the fairytale “Hansel & Gretel”. The Cheese Board is very good with several favourite cheeses that I love, like Emmenthal from Switzerland, and Camembert from France. The dishes like the seafood are set up on tables which have coloured lights that change colour. Very cool indeed! Humble Chef William’s Turkey with Cumin and Coriander a la Satay Sauce is most unusual and tasty!!
- December 1 to 30, Festive Buffet: Lunch: SGD 43++, 12pm to 2:30pm. Dinner: SGD 53++, 6:30pm to 10:30pm.
- December 24, Christmas Eve Lunch and Dinner: Lunch: SGD 48++, 12pm to 2:30pm. Dinner: SGD 78++ (free flow of soft drinks & chilled juices); SGD 108++ (free flow beer, soft drinks, house wine & champagne), two seatings at 6pm and 8:30pm.
- December 25 and 26, Christmas Day and Boxing Day Brunch: SGD 68++ (free flow soft drinks & ice tea); SGD 88++ (free flow of beer, wine & soft drinks); and SGD 108++ (free flow of beer, soft drinks, house wine & champagne). 11:30am to 3pm
- December 31, New Year Eve Lunch and Dinner: Lunch: SGD 48++, 12pm to 2:30pm / 6:30pm to 11pm. Dinner: SGD 88++ (free flow of soft drinks & chilled juices); SGD 118++ (free flow beer, soft drinks, house wine & champagne).
- January 1, New Year Late Breakfast: SGD 48++, 11:30am to 2:30pm.
East Meets West at Park Palace, Level 2. Park Palace produces two Festive Set Menus for the season. Presented in a selection of six- and eight-course menus, Chef Chan’s creations include Barbecue Honey Pork Ribs; Braised Sliced Abalone and Sea Cucumber with Seasonal Vegetables in Oyster Sauce; Stewed Noodles with Lobster; and lots more. Available from December 1 to 31.
- Festive Set Menu A – SGD 68++ per person with a glass of Champagne, Beer or soft drinks
- Festive Set Menu B – SGD 118++ per person with a glass of Champagne, Beer or soft drinks
Holiday Tipples at the Bar at Coleman, Level 1. Experience the magic of Christmas right in the heart of Singapore, at Coleman. Available from December 1 to 31.
- One-for-one Heineken Beer Promotion – SGD 13.50++
- Festive cocktail – SGD 17.80++
- Festive mocktail – SGD 14.80++
- Festive sandwiches – from SGD 12.80++
For reservations or enquiries, please call +65 6432 5888 or email email@example.com.