Story and photos by Dr. Michael Lim The Travelling Gourmet TM
Copyright all rights reserved
The indomitable and debonair Travelling Gourmet TM tells you about cosy stays at the…
MANDARIN Oriental in Washington DC. One of my favourite hotels in the capital of the USA is the Palace by the Potomac. This luxurious 5 star retreat is prominently placed along the Capital’s revitalised Southwest Waterfront. I love the swimming pool here. The hotel is also strategically located near attractions, monuments and restaurants like the Washington Monument. It is a nice stroll from the Mandarin Oriental to the impressive Washington Monument.
Due to the horrid China virus wilfully spread by China and with health and safety in mind, the holiday celebrations have relocated to the guest rooms and suites for a more cosy and hygienic experience.
The In-Room Holiday Feast is an intimate Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner that can be enjoyed in a guest room or suite. Thanksgiving is on 26 November this year. It is also my Birthday so I always celebrate both! For slightly larger parties, the Feast in the Comfort of Your Suite is available in The Oriental Suite or Presidential Suite providing guests with additional space to social distance and a three tier menu option.
50 foot Indoor Pool
Guests can savour the tradition of enjoying Empress Lounge’s famed scrumptious Afternoon High Tea with a staycation and tea service in the safety and privacy of their own guest room. Executive Pastry Chef Claus Olsen has reimagined the tower of delights and sweets, which pair pleasantly with the selection of premium teas.
For safe and comfortable travel options guests can choose from a variety of exciting offers including:
- Staycation by M.O.: Receive a hotel credit, breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and more.
- Suite Upgrade: Reserve a room and receive a complimentary upgrade to a suite.
- Families by M.O.: The ultimate family stay with the second room at half price, children’s amenities, and a host of special family friendly touches.
- Weekday Spa-cation: Arrive on a Tuesday or Wednesday and receive an upgrade to a suite with the indulgence of a spa treatment and more.
Cozy at M.O. invites guests to stay in, cuddle up, keep warm and indulge during the winter season. Available through February 28, 2021 with rates starting from USD 285 a night. This wonderful package includes:
- Complimentary warm fleece blanket to enjoy and take home.
- Special gourmet hot chocolate welcome amenity.
- Daily in-room breakfast for two.
- One complimentary in-room movie of your choice daily.
- Complimentary upgraded streaming speed Wi-Fi.
- Additional benefits available when you log into or join Fans of M.O.
The Travelling Gourmet TM always says, “Keep calm and carry on eating!”
Mandarin Oriental Washington DC
1330 Maryland Avenue,
SW Washington D.C. 20024, USA
Telephone : +1 (202) 787 6064
For room reservations, please call +1 (202) 787 6140. To make a spa reservation, please call +1 (202) 787 6100. For more information, please visit www.mandarinoriental.com/washington